Yesterday, members of your Pension Action Team and Executive Team met to review the pension issues outlined by NJEA and to review the action plan NJEA has provided to locals. Each week, we will be asking you to take a series of actions. Please do what you feel comfortable with, but keep in mind that we will need everyone to take some action to keep our pensions.
WEEK 1 ACTIONS:
1. Sign up for the Thunderclap for Thursday’s Twitter action at https://www.thunderclap.it/projects/25616-fundnjpension THIS action is VERY important!
2. Sign up with NJEA to be a pension activist. Even if you don’t want to be super involved, you can sign up to receive alerts and information. We would like to encourage everyone to sign up. http://fundnjpension.org/become-a-pension-activist/
3. Mark your calendar for THIS Thursday, from 4 pm into the evening. We need all fingers on deck – tweeting to our legislators, using the hashtag #fundnjpension
4. Review the official action page from NJEA: http://fundnjpension.org/
5. Sign up for the closed NJEA facebook page https://www.facebook.com/groups/21200573565/